Sunday

Introduction, disclaimers and all that fun stuff

The "consumer". A google search result yields 291 million results. Everything from the definition to credit counseling to consumer alerts to books to blogs. The list is endless. And for marketers, and anyone who wants to own a successful business, the purpose is the same: to understand the consumer. What does the consumer want? Billions are spent every year, in research, to answer that very question. So for this blog and for this author, to attempt the same seems naive and frankly ridiculous.

So I will keep my task simple. I'd like to begin by taking stock of what I do know and then predict the direction in which consumerism is headed. Through my experiences I would like to suggest ways in which marketing can be improved, from the ground level up. Finally, as a budding marketer and more importantly as a consumer, I'd like to explore methods of marketing to consumers without stressing or overloading them.

The posts are as much for me as for the reader because through them I want to explore these fuzzy ideas I have almost everyday. Some of them may have merit, while the flawed ones would only improve and refine the things that we can collectively learn from ourselves and consumerism in society. The line separating a producer from a consumer is becoming increasingly blurry these days, and it would be a socially responsible of us to understand our role in this change. But, that is a discussion for another day. For now, welcome and I hope you enjoy the posts.

1 comment:

  1. I yem injoying your wonderful discourse on the subject saar....

    ReplyDelete